Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Bubble, bubble

I originally set out to get the classic "drop of water" shot, but I wasn't crazy with my results. I did get this one that I thought was pretty cool:


1/500, f/5.6, 135mm, ISO1600, flash, custom WB. PP- cropped and sharpened.

After the less than thrilling results, I decided to try to capture bubbles in the water, so I used a straw to blow bubbles in the bowl. The results still weren't quite what I had in mind, but maybe I will try again later!


1/100, f/5.6, 105mm, ISO800, flash, custom WB. PP- cropped and sharpened.

Any comments, HHCC, or suggestions on how to make this shot more succesful in the future would be appreciated!

12 comments:

Hope said...

you got some pretty cool shots. The blue color looks great.

Lorrie said...

The color is so soothing.. I like the first picture the most. I did something like this today on my blog, but I bumped up the SS to get more of a freeze on the water action.

Owen said...

hello Andrea...like the vibrant color blue here. Although I think it can have a better impact if you get in closer or cropped tighter. In the first photo, I like how you showed the ripples instead of the usual "water drop". But the pics look fun

"Owen" said...

hello Andrea...like the vibrant color blue here. Although I think it can have a better impact if you get in closer or cropped tighter. In the first photo, I like how you showed the ripples instead of the usual "water drop". But the pics look fun

"Owen" said...

sorry --posted twice but the second one is the current blog I'm using.

Anonymous said...

I like the first- the ripples are cool!

Anonymous said...

I really like the first one - the color is great!!

Dar Kaso said...

Great shots, the color is very good.

Michelle said...

the color is great in your first one! as for bubbles...maybe if you add a little dish soap? just don't inhale on that straw! LOL

jordan.krogman said...

I really like these!! Love the bright blue and the different effects you got. Much more successful than my water attempt! LOL

Debbie said...

Cool shots!

Debbie said...

Cool!