Thursday, January 11, 2007

My Son

If you have seen my other blog, I am sure you have already seen my son Evan. But since we are introducing ourselves, I wanted to show him off here,too! He is 7.5 months old, and truly the light of my life.

Today I discovered what I am sure many of you already know...taking pictures of a baby is hard! I ended up switching to auto for quite a few of the pictures, and out of over 50 shots, there were only a few I even liked, and I'm still not completely satisfied. Please tell me this is normal!?

Anyway, here is my curious, stubborn, delightful son- complete with ears that stick out like Liquid Metal Terminator (or so my husband informs me!)

1/125, f/5, 65mm, ISO 400, No flash

1/100, f/5.3, 90mm, ISO 400, No Flash

Thanks for looking! HHCC and your best tips and tricks for photographing babies would be appreciated!

15 comments:

"Owen" said...

What a cutie! Taking photos of boys (I have a 13 yr old and a 2yr old) is a hard task so getting only a few out of a 100+ shots is normal. I like th e color in the second pic and first pic is adorable too....maybe you can put him not dead center (rule of thirds) and you will see that it will create more visual interest. Can't wait to see more :)

Haleigh said...

These turned out very cute. I really like #2. Babbies are really hard to shoot, wait until he can walk and run, it'll only get harder : )

Anonymous said...

LOL! Kids can really try your patience as a photographer but stay at it. Eventually, you WILL get the shot. Your little one is such a cutie-patootie. Love the ear reference...you slay me!

yvonne

cephotos said...

He is such a cutie. I have a 2YO and, you're right, it can be hard. My best advice (as a mom)is don't aim for perfection in every shot. Some of my favorite photos of my son are the antithesis of technical perfection - but they show him being him!

The photographer side of me says - #2 is fantastic - great color, great framing. I agree with the comment above on #1 - maybe crop to move him a bit off center. It also looks kind-of blue to me - maybe warm it up a bit. It is still a great shot! Love that grin.

Lorrie said...

he is way adorable. Too cute!

nomo wino daph said...

What a precious little man you have! Such a doll! Thanks for sharing him with us :)

cristina said...

what a cutie pie! i liked your shots, particularly the second one. i'd love to see it in a b/w conversion. great job!

Dar Kaso said...

He's adorable, great captures.

amazing grace said...

cutie pie!!! i like the first pic! very sweet.....

isn't motherhood a blast??!!

Anonymous said...

he is adorable! I love the first photo!
Cari

Michelle said...

awww what a cutie! I have an 8.5 mo old so I understand how hard it is...especially when you want eye contact. :)

Heidi said...

What a cutie! Babies can give you a workout trying to get a great photo...I really like #2.

Krissynae said...

Love the llighting and coloring. Love his hair color. Hei a cutie and wonderful subject.

Debbie said...

Aww..he's adorable! Yep, they can sure be hard to keep up with.

Sheri said...

what a doll!
love the colors in the 2nd