Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Welcome to Iowa!

Well, first of all, sorry I missed you yesterday. It has been snowy and cold here and I couldn't get out of the house. Even today it was so cold that all I could do was take pictures out of the window of my car! Not a good week for "Show Us Your Hometown"!

We moved to Iowa from Colorado 2.5 years ago, so that Chris could attend the dental school here. We love it during the spring and fall, and are not so fond of summer and winter! There are actually a lot of really cool places here, but now is not a great time to take pictures of anything. I'll do my best though!

I'll post 2 pictures since I missed a day! This first picture was taken at Kinnick Stadium.

1/4000, f/8, 135mm, ISO800 (oops, I gotta get better at checking this!)



This next picture was taken by a little park along the Iowa River.

1/500, f/5.6, 130mm, ISO200, Converted to b&w and adjusted levels.
Here is the color version, too. Which do you like better??

HHCC always welcomed! Thanks for looking. Hopefully it will warm up a little so I can get out and get some more interesting shots!

10 comments:

Lorrie said...

I like your pics, but is there anyway you can upload them to blogger in a bit larger file so when we click on it a bigger picture will open? I would like to see a bit more of the detail. I really like the second picture a lot, both of the nature pictures are beautiful -- totally have a wintery feel about them!

Amanda said...

that's where my bil went to dental. He's now in Ohio doing his orthodontic residency. They loved it there.

Lauren Hartman said...

I prefer the color image, the warmth of the wood tones really adds something to the image.

Andrea said...

lorrie- I think I fixed it, at least for the second shots, you should be able to click and see the larger file. I will be sure to do this for all pics in the future-thanks for the suggestion!

Anonymous said...

I think I like the color version of the river, it almost looks like you converted it to sepia.
I miss my home state! :(

Dar Kaso said...

I like the color version of the river too, cool sepia colors.

Michelle said...

i like the color version also...looks so "antique". great pics!

Anonymous said...

Great shots !! okay i'll be the oddball - i really like the B&w. It really emphasizes the snow and how cold it is over there - kinda gives it an icy feeling!!

"Owen" said...

love the second photo the best. Very serene and peaceful...great job!

Patti said...

Colour ones gets my vote